Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default Grilling pork ribs, which sweet and savoury sauce?

"Dave Bugg" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> (smile) I know who Vilco is, since I have participated on RFC for over a
> dozen years. Perhaps it was poor English language skills, perhaps not. I
> don't possess the ability to read his intentions, so I simply respond to
> the words written.

LOL, thanks everybody.
What I had in mind was basically this: make a tomato based sauce with some
sugar and use it botr to tub the ribs and to go with them during the
cooking. Maybe adding some sauce if it somehow wears off.

The final output should be ribs with a thin coating of this sauce, with the
stickyness of the pork fat and that of the sugar.

I gahter that I should better use brown sugar, and I have it ready. Some
sourness could come from lime juice, and tomato will be the base for the
sauce. I see many here talked about worcestershire, I don'y have it but what
about some drops of dark soy sauce?

Does it sound edible to you BBQers? Someone grills something along these
lines?