Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Piedmont Piedmont is offline

Default Grilling pork ribs, which sweet and sour rub?

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:53:22 -0700, Dave Bugg wrote:

> ViLco wrote:
>
>> Since I am italian I never used a sweet and sour rub on ribs, ....snip

> Since I am American, and have done ribs personally and professionally, I
> have never used (nor have hear of) a 'sweet and sour' rub. Sweet and
> sour rub is not a bbq thing, nor is it an American thing. Typical
> American bbq uses many savory dry herbs and spices, with perhaps a bit
> of 'sweet' if something like brown sugar is added to the rub. I don't
> even think I would like a 'sweet and sour rub'; it sounds like it would
> turn out something akin to some sort of potato chip flavoring.

Dave,

I assumed he was thinking of a rub which has salt and sugar and didn't
know how to say it, but I don't know, he is a valid poster on RFC so i
took it with a grain of salt. Hopefully he'll post again and clarify. I
work with a guy born and raised in Italy and his english is good but
there have been times of verbal confusion.

--
regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/