Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default Grilling pork ribs, which sweet and sour rub?

Hi, maybe some of you already know me, I'm Vilco from RFC, and from Italy
also.
I'm going to have a cook out with friends this Saturday and I'll be in
charge for the grill. I'll use charcoal placed about 8-9 inches under the
griddle, where I'll grill some chicken, some pork sausages and chops and
some pork ribs.
The fire-pit will be exactly this one, I'll be running two since we're a
dozen friends:
http://www.tinysites.com/SitesPublic....htm?r=6215667

The ribs look like these and I'm sure many of you have cooked tons of them.
Whole rack, raw:
http://img75.imageshack.us/i/dscn4300vx7.jpg/
Some spare ones, cooked:
http://www.buttalapasta.it/wp-galler...-babrbecue.jpg

Since I am italian I never used a sweet and sour rub on ribs, I use to
marinate them in red sparkling wine and garlic overnight and then, when the
day comes, grill them with some rosemary and freshly ground pepper, and salt
near the end of the cooking time.

This saturday I'll grill a batch of pork ribs in my usual way and wanted to
make a second batch in a sweet and sour rub as I have seen (or read about)
many times over many NG's, including this one. Googling around I have found
tons of recipes for rubs, very different one another, and since I'm new to
this kind of rubs I ask if someone here on AFB can point me to some true and
tested recipes.
Thanks!
--
Vilco
No, non mi sono mai allenato, respiravo di mio