Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Foods to help insomnia, and foods to avoid

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:59:28 +1000, Jeßus wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 22:44:18 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:01:32 +1000, Jeßus wrote:
>>
>>> Carby foods certainly work on me - one of several reasons why I
>>> normally tend to avoid them, especially during the day (albeit not
>>> religiously).

>>When I was low-carbing, I couldn't sleep unless I ate some carbs..
>>Sometimes a couple-few tablespoons of metamucil or plain psyllium
>>husk worked, but give me two pieces of generic white bread and my
>>eyes would start to water and this warm, satisfied feeling came
>>over me and it was lights out.

> And that is the problem with refined carbs - they have that effect and
> thus become so very, very addictive. Hence the legions of obese and
> diabetic people in the west.

Oh, so you're turning this into a US bashing thread.

Hate to say it, but people from all over the world are eating
bread, pasta and rice and have been for thousands and thousands of
years. I eat less carbs than the average Chinese, French or
Italian. And probably more than any festering little Australian,
too.

-sw