Posted to rec.food.cooking
Juan Anonly[_3_] Juan Anonly[_3_] is offline

Default Salt.....the industry and food manufacturers are pushing back against the "lower the salt" forces.

On 2010-05-30 20:42:44 -0700, Ranée at Arabian Knits said:

> Really? I think they are too salty, but I haven't heard of these
> mass deaths. Perhaps it is like those carcinogens that are only known
> in California.

Easy platitudes. The same logic the tobacco industry used in the 60's.
Well heck, my uncle smoked all his life and didn't get cancer. See?
Cigarettes don't cause cancer.

The nyt article said deep cuts in salt consumption could save 150,000
lives a year. Of course it didn't say that salt actually *killed*
150,000 lives a year. But it certainly helped.

I'm guessing your analysis would include global warming is actually a
hoax too, right? In fact everything that implies irresponsibility by
any corporation in the pursuit of cash is likely a liberal fantasy.
--
-- Beware the delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets.