Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Salt.....the industry and food manufacturers are pushing back against the "lower the salt" forces.

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "Steve Freides" > wrote:
>
>> and fresh food is expensive
>> compared to the alternatives.

> Actually, I've found just the opposite to be true...
> Pre-prepped food drives the grocery bill up considerably.

I guess it depends on a lot of things, among them what sort of prepared
foods you're talking about. There are certainly some cheap things out
there. But in my part of the world, the difference between buying
frozen, breaded fish and going to the seafood store and/or Whole Foods
and buying fresh is considerable - just one example.

-S-