maggie2 maggie2 is offline
Member

Location: Edson, Alberta, Canada

I have tried an electric wok but found it didn't work very well for me. However, I have had no problems using a regular wok on my electric stove when I use a fire ring with it. It gets hot enough and as someone else said, if you want it to cook down quickly just take it off the burner. In fact, I even taught Chinese cooking classes years ago using my wok on the electric stove and it worked perfectly well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve[_36_] View Post
I have an electric stove, wondering if I'd be just as well off with an
electric wok rather than a stovetop model. Are the wattages high
enough on electric woks?