Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Salt.....the industry and food manufacturers are pushing back against the "lower the salt" forces.

On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:41:52 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> (Steve Pope) wrote:
>
>> J. Clarke > wrote:
>>
>> >Do Alton Brown and The Food Network claim to cook _healthy_ or cook
>> >_tasty_? If you don't like salt don't use it. But it is not your place
>> >to tell others how to live their lives.

>> This would be valid if Americans were more careful with their
>> health, got their blood pressure checked regularly and any
>> hypertension treated. In Europe everybody does that but not
>> here. A fraction of the untreated hypertensives in the U.S.
>> are sodium-sensitive. Therefore, it will save taxpayer money to
>> have an industry-wide salt reduction.
>>
>> So while I generally believe in peace, love, freedom and
>> libertarianism, since it will save me money to regulate salt,
>> I'm for it.
>>
>> Steve

>And sugar reduction (especially those who are addicted to soft drinks)
>might reduce the national diabetes epidemic...

The biggest cost to society is over population... let's mandate
neutering at birth, everyone with the hypertension and obeastie
gene... 'specially uglis and dummies.