blujay blujay is offline
Member

I maybe stepping out of line, being new here. But what about the baseball mold Wilton has. Its about the size of a want to say a regular baseball , so that may be a problem. Comes with a stand if I am not mistaken. I'd looked into getting one for a totally different cake mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merryb View Post
On Apr 11, 6:45*am, eli kintisch wrote:
Folks:

Some real expertise out here I thought I'd try to tap. I'm trying to
make a cake in the shape of the earth. Past attempts have involved me
pouring both halves of the batter into hemispheric glass pyrex bowls
and then cutting off the rounded tops and connecting the two halves
into a (well, obloid) sphere. Then I frost with blue for the ocean and
paint on green for land (plus white for clouds etc)

Fun! But problem: the cake's consistency. I need some more toughness,
i think, because the bottom half can get smooshed. Or it can fall
apart. Any suggestions? I've been using betty crocker cake mix (don't
hate me!)

Thanks, Eli

I know this is a little late, but try a pound cake or something
denser...