Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Salt.....the industry and food manufacturers are pushing backagainst the "lower the salt" forces.

On May 30, 1:40*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > On May 30, 1:09 pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> > > ImStillMags wrote:

> > > The New York Times sure brainwashed you,
> > > didn't they?

> > Um, no. *The amount of salt in processed foods is deadly. *You are
> > completely free to use all the salt you want in your foods that you
> > cook yourself, but the food processing industry should be more
> > conscientious, IMHO

> You could choose not to buy their products,
> but that wouldn't work for you, right?
> You just can't resist them because they're
> soooo good! *The only way to keep you from
> eating them is to make them illegal.

Why are you being snarky? I'm talking about health. Not everyone
understands or even pays attention to
their salt intake and don't make decisions based on anything but
whether or not something tastes good. Take a look
at the general population. The majority are overweight and unhealthy
and the processed food industry has a big role
in it. I know personal responsibility and accountability is up to
the individual, but I also think that these companies should be better
stewards.