Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Frogs!

In article >,
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,

> >> No they are not farm raised you blithering pinhead. There happens to be
> >> HUGE poaching industry.
> >>
> >> Paul

> > While I agree with you about the turtles, bullfrogs are actually pests
> > in some places and hardly endangered, plus they are farmed extensively:
> >
> > <http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...&aqi=g5g-m2g-m
> > s1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=19d13023017841d>
> >
> > 1,800,000 his on google for frog farming.
> >
> > I don't eat turtles.

> Well in Australia they are pests, yes as they invade farmlands. But the
> frogs you find in stores are not bullfrogs.

Okay, perhaps not there, but here, the frog legs I find commercially are
usually farm raised bullfrogs. :-)

> And good on you for sparing the turtles.
>
> Paul

I like turtles! And there are not many in the wild anymore except for
maybe red-ears in the south...

The biggest problem with bullfrogs is that they are big enough to eat
any other frogs so devastate native species.

Or so I have read...
--
Peace! Om