Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default White House Dinner for Mexican President

"Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> George Leppla > wrote:
>
>> The problem with the Arizona law as it was ORIGINALLY written was that >>
>> the police had the authority to stop anyone at any time to ask them to
>> prove citizen ship.

> I am glad that they made that change. Even I would not go along with >
> the original!

Ask yourself how you would prove citizenship if you were pulled over for a
traffic violation? Last spring I was required to prove citixenship and I
passed over my American passport and was told it wouldn't do. Now I had to
prove I was born in the USA to get that passport, but now it's useless for
the purpose. So all Americans who expect to get anything done need to start
carrying a certified copy of their birth certificate with a raised seal. No
photo of course, no proof that I can see that it's you, but that's what they
wanted. And mine was at home in Italy.