Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default White House Dinner for Mexican President

Omelet > wrote:

>If one is going to visit or live in a country, they are obligated to
>obey the local laws.
>
>Whether or not you agree with them.
>
>If you can't handle it, don't go there.

But the Americans didn't do this in 1847 did they.

Let's face it, America was founded by ethnic-cleansing slaveowners,
proceeded to illegally invade and wipe out its neighbors and
various others around the globe, and pursues might-is-right
policies whenever that suits its needs, ignoring any applicable
laws left and right.

The idea that Americans, any Americans, including you or anyone
in Arizona, can claim some sort of moral high ground about being
"legal" whereas Mexicans are "illegal" is totally, completely
laughable. Nobody takes that seriously. At all. It's a non-starter.

If you have the physical might to force people you don't like out,
then you win, but don't claim any moral standing, and meanwhile
those with policies like Arizona's are my political enemies and
I'm going to do what I can (legally, of course) to defeat you.

Steve