Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default White House Dinner for Mexican President

Om tried to weasel:

> If one is going to visit or live in a country, they are obligated to
> obey the local laws.
>
> Whether or not you agree with them.
>
> If you can't handle it, don't go there.
>
> I, for one, would not visit Saudi Arabia on a bet!

So what was wrong with Calderon's speech? He does NOT live in the USA, and
he didn't break any American laws while he was here. That's what you started
out criticizing: Calderon's speech, and the fact that he was critical of the
new Arizona law.

Now I see that you're trying to change your tune: At first you were all
indignant that Calderon doesn't respect the laws of the USA. Now you're
trying to morph your argument into some kind of conservative law-fearing
evangelism. Have you never heard of civil disobedience, or do you just think
that laws are ALWAYS perfect, and ordinary citizens should just knuckle
under all the time? Are you completely unfamiliar with the history of
protest in the USA?

Bob