Posted to rec.food.cooking
.[_9_] .[_9_] is offline

Default White House Dinner for Mexican President

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-E9A5AF.23114322052010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

> In article >,
> (Steve Pope) wrote:
>
>> Do you know that in China you can't even travel, move, or
>> change jobs internally without government permission? We
>> would consider that outrageous here wouldn't we? But how is
>> our behavior at our border any different? Fact is, it's
>> not any different; national borders are an outdated fiction
>> created by rightwingers.

> As for the concept of free borders, this might give you pause:

Along with the Chinese version is the Russian.

I remember taking a taxi ride from Moscow to the Military training Base I
was staying on. It was a trip of about 60-70k's, and the driver had to go
get a special pass to allow him to do the trip. We had to stop about 4
times (IIRC) and show our passports and he show his paper.

Did I take offence at that? No.... because the taxi ride was a cheap as
chips anyways, and it's the law in their country that you have to do it.
And being a law abiding citizen (most times ;-) I abided by their laws and
didn't whinge about it.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, "How

many potatoes would you like Peter?". I said "Ooh, I'll just have one

please". She said "It's OK, you don't have to be polite" "Alright" I

said "I'll just have one then, you stupid cow".