Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default White House Dinner for Mexican President

Om wrote:

>>> I see you missed the point as usual.
>>>
>>> Nevermind...

>> I see you refuse to back up your bullshit when I call you on it. Never
>> mind, I've already shown you to be wrong in this...

> Sheldon is right. Bayless' cooking style is very Tex-mex.
> You don't live here and have not eaten at the plethora of Mexican
> Restaurants in the Texas/Mexico border area.
>
> I actually happened to like it, but it's not authentic Mexican food.
>
> You are talking with zero experience.

Sheldon and you are both wrong -- as usual. Bayless got ALL his recipes from
Mexico -- and most often from parts of Mexico which are not even CLOSE to
Texas. Do you think that tamales and ceviche ORIGINATE in Tex-Mex cookery?
Do you think that Tex-Mex mole even reflects a shadow of authentic Oaxacan
mole -- the mole which Bayless prepared for the state dinner?

You are talking from zero knowledge about real Mexican food. I think you're
just trying to bait me again -- and you didn't like the way that turned out
last time, did you?

Bob