Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default White House Dinner for Mexican President

Omelet > wrote:

> sf > wrote:

>> You're listening to too many talking heads on Fox. They pay the same
>> taxes on goods and services that you pay. They just don't pay income
>> tax, because it's illegal to do so. Take a breath and think about
>> *how* they get that income you don't want them to have. It's somebody
>> just like you who hires them by the hour and pays them under the table
>> or some unscrupulous employer who is taking advantage of their
>> situation. I'd be more angry about SSI abuse if I were you.

>And you are not? ;-)

>Okay, they don't pay income taxes, NOR in to the SSI system. I'd taken
>that as a given as I count it on my total tax deductions from my
>paychecks. Medicare taxes too.
>
>And yet they collect benefits from all of it.

When you add it all up, immigrants pay a higher ratio of taxes
relative to benefits received than non-immigrants.

In my opinion it's mostly the white losers who want to evade as
many taxes as possible while collecting benefits they're probably
not qualified for.

But even were this not true, it would not change my opinion
on immigration. I resent the fact that various governments
around the world try to tell me where I can or can not travel,
work, and live. So by the Golden Rule I do not support my
government applying such restrictions to others.

(But since having no restrictions at all is not politically
feasible, I support as having as few restrictions and as little
enforcement as can be feasibly arranged. So, no fences, no
raids, no law enforcement except to counter violence, and as
much amnesty as we can shove through Congress.)

Steve