Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.bonehead.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
P. Rajah P. Rajah is offline

Default VEGETARIANS HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER BONES THAN MEAT-EATERS

greengrocer wrote:

> "Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
>> On 5/13/2010 7:36 AM, Mr.Cumstain, in full *meltdown*, shrieked:

>>> Yes, he can.

>> He cannot. You can't, either.

> I can. It's an established fact that meat eaters smell bad, especially
> to vegetarians. Just like smokers smell bad to non-smokers but don't
> smell bad to fellow smokers.

>>> Possibly not cannibalism but

>> He lied. So did you. You cannot detect by smell if someone has eaten
>> meat. Cut the shit, Runny Cumstain.

> Abstract
> Axillary body odor is individually specific and potentially a rich
> source of information about its producer. Odor individuality partly
> results from genetic individuality, but the influence of ecological
> factors such as eating habits are another main source of odor
> variability. However, we know very little about how particular dietary
> components shape our body odor. Here we tested the effect of red meat
> consumption on body odor attractiveness. We used a balanced
> within-subject experimental design. Seventeen male odor donors were on
> "meat" or "nonmeat" diet for 2 weeks wearing axillary pads to collect
> body odor during the final 24 h of the diet. Fresh odor samples were
> assessed for their pleasantness, attractiveness, masculinity, and
> intensity by 30 women not using hormonal contraceptives. We repeated the
> same procedure a month later with the same odor donors, each on the
> opposite diet than before. Results of repeated measures analysis of
> variance showed that the odor of donors when on the nonmeat diet was
> judged as significantly more attractive, more pleasant, and less
> intense. This suggests that red meat consumption has a negative impact
> on perceived body odor hedonicity.
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16891352

Onions, garlic, strong spices such as cumin and curry powder, coffee,
alcohol and fried foods also create an offensive body odor. The problem
may not be in whether meat is consumed or not, but how food is prepared
and metabolized by the individual. I have met both vegetarians as well
as omnivores with offensive b.o., and those who smell pleasant.

Two individuals whose offensive b.o. reaches well beyond their personal
spaces and into the nooks and crannies of USENET are self-declared
"vegans", Jay Stevens Maharaj and pradip parekh(who posts in all
lower-case as "harmony"), who apparently think that killing humans of a
different religion(non-Hindus) is justifiable but eating an egg for food
is not. And while Jay usually rails against "animal-source material", he
thinks nothing of consuming clarified butter(called "ghee" in India)
which is obviously animal-based. He is, however, careful not to admit to
that in English, making his remarks in poor(as in street-talk)
Roman-scripted Hindi.