Posted to rec.food.cooking
piedmont piedmont is offline

Default REC salmon croquettes

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On May 11, 11:08 am, "piedmont" > wrote:
> I'm working on this recipe right now, I used a can of sardines I had
> (15oz.)

snip
> --
> regards, piedmont (michael)
> The Practical BBQ'r -http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> (mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

I thought croquettes were sort of cone-shaped. They always were at my
house. Salmon Croquettes was one of my mom's favorite things to
make. We never used potato or W. sauce, though, just made a really
thick bechamel as the base.

They are really good with a white sauce with hard-boiled egg chopped
up in it. Some people make a white sauce with peas - I don't like
peas.

N.

My mom was a Betty Crocker cook, yech, anyway she used their recipe, i think
which used either bread or cracker crumbs with fish, egg, onion, etc..
Yet hers were always tasty and firm ,which due to some sort of mental short
coming, i cannot get mine firm, even following a recipe. : (

michael