Vox Humana

Default Does a ganache frosted cake need to be refrigerated?

"pilgrim" > wrote in message
> Leave a small glass of your heavy cream next to your finished cake and
> leave them out. Tomorrow, If you think that the cream is not OK to drink
> the cake frosting is probably not OK either.
>
> In other words, I would refrigerate cake frosting (overnight) whenever it
> contains milk or cream.

Considering that the cream was pasteurized (by law), heated to boiling, and
combined with a lot of sugar, I can't imagine it would be a problem. When
you make cream fresh, you not only leave it out for 24 hours, but you leave
it in a warm place and inoculate it with bacteria.