Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Sidney Lambe[_2_] Sidney Lambe[_2_] is offline

Default VEGETARIANS HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER BONES THAN MEAT-EATERS

On alt.food.vegan, and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) > wrote:
> In article >,
> Sidney Lambe > posted:
>
>> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

>> > In article >,
>> > Sidney Lambe > posted:

>> fish

>> > Fish is not a vegetable;

>> Duh. I didn't say it was.

> You implied that vegetarians eat fish.

Many do.

>> > vegetarians don't eat fish or other meat.

>> Yes. Millions of people who callthemselves vegetarians eat
>> all manner of seafood. Just like some eat eggs and some use
>> dairy products.

> They may call themselves vegetarian but they really aren't.

They call themselves vegetarians and your opinion on the
subject carries no weight with them or me.

>> They are all meat-eaters. They eat animal proteins.

>> > The difference between a vegetarian and a vegan is that
>> > a vegetarian is *generally* understood to eat some dairy
>> > products but not meat.

>> Wrong. The only thing all so-called "vegetarians" share in
>> common is that they supposedly don't eat mammalian flesh.
>> Most of them do, when people aren't looking.

> But you are?

I can smell if someone eats mammalian flesh or organs.
It is a very distinctive smell. It is the smell of
cannibalism, really.

This is the kind of sensititivy you develop after decades
of eating only plants.

>> > A vegan eats only fruits, vegetables,
>> > legumes and grains.

>> Nonsense. A vegan eats any plant foods.
>> . . .

> Thorns too?

We can do without sophomoric remarks like that.

> If you want to get picky you can include all plant material as
> something that a vegan might eat, but the typical vegan will eat
> fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes and herbs.

How about mushrooms and nuts? How about flowers? How about yeast
used to leaven bread? How about the fungi used to make tempeh?
How about all manner of spices from around the world. Cinnamon
is a tree bark...

You don't know what you are talking about.

> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

Vegetarians are meat-eaters. They eat animal proteins.

They are in a completely different class from herbies. From
pure vegetarians.

Sid