Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_9_] dsi1[_9_] is offline

Default Any good recipes using tofu?

On 5/11/2010 2:10 AM, Artistic Taste wrote:
> The only way I've used firm/extra firm tofu is to season it, bake it to
> render out the water and chop it in salad. If anyone has any suggestions
> or recipes for an actual meal using tofu, that would be great, thanks.

Mapo Tofu or Mabo Tofu is a popular dish here. I like it cause it's
tasty and I can whip up a batch in less than 15 minutes. Serve it over
hot rice.

Brown 1/2 pound ground pork in pan

Add some Black Bean Garlic Sauce - about 1 T.

Add some Chili Garlic Sauce - about 1 T. You can use a little red chili
paste instead.

Salt and pepper.

1 can chicken stock - use more if you like.

Heat through and thicken with cornstarch slurry

Add 1 - 14 oz container Tofu cut into cubes. You can use firm, I use
soft. I cut the cubes into small pieces some people will cut it into
large cubes. Some people will put the soft tofu in the pan and break it
into irregular pieces.

Heat through, garnish with green onion or scallions and serve. This dish
can range from spicy to flaming hot. Use more chili sauce/paste or
Sriracha sauce to your heat level.