Frogleg

Default substituting goat's milk in cooking

On 3 Nov 2003 13:22:42 -0800, (Larry) wrote:

>I raise goats, some for meat and some for milk and have used goats
>milk interchangably with cows and have noticed no diffrernce unless -
> The goats have been with a buck or are downwind of a buck.
> The goats have been eating medicated feed, some of which leaves a
>nasty aftertaste. Wild onions in the pasture also leave a taste.
> If the source of your milk is controlling for the above the milk
>should work like cows milk but a bit higher in butterfat.

I was vaguely recalling the higher fat content, but not sure. Glad
there's a Knowledgable Person around. :-) I made simple cream cheese
with some (local hobby, unpasturized) goats milk that had a little
more flavor(?) than the cows milk variety, but in no way strong or
unpleasant.