Posted to rec.food.cooking
A Moose In Love A Moose In Love is offline

Default Pork Belly Pasts (was: Fresh Side Pork)

On May 9, 3:51*pm, A Moose In Love > wrote:
> On May 9, 1:38*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 9 May 2010 11:48:44 -0400, cshenk wrote:
> > > "Sqwertz" wrote

> > > Heheh Interested in the sashimi! *I had a dish oin Pohang Korea at a Russian
> > > restraunt. *Utterly simple yet divine.

> > Hopefully these will encourage some of you folks here (who actually
> > cook and post about cooking) to have pork bellies in your futures.

> trading pork bellies futures?....lol...i wouldn't. *the market's way
> too thin. *not much trade anymore.

looky he frozen pork belly futures; hardly 50 contracts being
traded per day:
http://futuresource.quote.com/charts...%281%2C1%29%3B

looky he lean hogs futures; 20,000 contracts being traded per day;
notice the decline in volume and open interest; that's because the
chart is trading month sensitive and is showing specific contract
information instead of total contract information
http://futuresource.quote.com/charts...%281%2C1%29%3B

<snip>