Posted to rec.food.cooking
ChattyCathy ChattyCathy is offline

Default Escolar

blake murphy wrote:

> i saw it as you did in the pic downthread, that is, as '1425%.'
> (text/plain, courier new.)

<catching up on r.f.c.>

And if you switched it to 'raw message' view did you see the same thing
i.e. 1425%?

FWIW, I wasted about an hour of my time chopping and changing the
default installation settings for the fonts/character sets (and a bunch
of other settings) in 40Tude to try and make that [garbage/-] between
the 14 and the 25% "go away". It downright refused. I even looked at
the same message using 3 (make that 4 - installed XPN too) different
newsreaders (well, if you can call Thunderbird a newsreader) and all of
them showed either the [-] or [some garbage] - and all of them were set
to different fonts/character sets... So what did I miss?

> but after the first 'huh?,' it wasn't too hard to figure out.

I'm sure it wasn't...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy