Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jinx Minx Jinx Minx is offline

Default What measuring cup to get?

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:27:36 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>I like the sets of nesting stainless measuring cups. They makes it so
>>much easier to measure quarters, thirds, half cups etc. I also like to
>>use my 2 cup Pryrex for larger amounts, especially liquids because there
>>is room to add other things, like wet ingredients where an egg and/or
>>oil is required.

> Years ago, before I learned to tell the difference between a
> neighborhood social engagement and an invitation to a neighborhood
> sales party, I bought a set of nesting Tupperware measuring cups, 1 C
> - 1/3 C. It was the cheapest thing I could find to buy my way out the
> door. Still have the damned things. It's very difficult to read the
> measurement on the bottom of the cup and almost impossible to read the
> measurement on the handle. I really need to cowboy up and throw the
> things out, replace them with stainless. Tomorrow. Honest.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

It's worth it to invest in some good ones. I'm not sure who made mine, but
they're heavier weight than a lot of stainless sets out there. I like that
because it's harder to accidentally knock them over when they're full and
I'm futzing around with another ingredient. I also frequently use the one
cup one to melt butter with directly on the stove (usually for popcorn).

Jinx