Posted to rec.food.cooking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default What measuring cup to get?

On 4/29/2010 1:23 PM, Steve B wrote:
> "J. > wrote in message
>>>

>>> I like the sets of nesting stainless measuring cups. They makes it so
>>> much easier to measure quarters, thirds, half cups etc. I also like to
>>> use my 2 cup Pryrex for larger amounts, especially liquids because there
>>> is room to add other things, like wet ingredients where an egg and/or
>>> oil is required.

>> I knew I should have specified liquid measure but figured everyone would
>> assume it.

> I use mine for whatever.......................

You can use either for either but it makes me work too hard.

The nesting cups are fine for measuring flour and the like--fill the cup
and sweep it off even--that doesn't work too well with a Pyrex cup.
While they work for liquids one needs a steadier hand than I sometimes
have to avoid spilling any--for that pyrex works better, fill to the
mark and it won't spill unless you're really clumsy.