Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default What measuring cup to get?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:46:11 -0400, "J. Clarke"
> wrote:

>Just broke my 1 cup Fire-King measuring cup that I've have for so long I
>don't remember when I got it. Was about to go out and get another one
>when it occurred to me that I'm seeing all kinds of fancy measuring cups
>in the stores--are any of them worthwhile improvements over the ordinary
>Pyrex/Fire King/whatever glass ones?

Some great advice here. Here's my 2c.

I love the pyrex cups, but they don't pour well in some cases.

OTOH: Oxo makes a series of plastic cups with soft handles that have
angled measuring scales so you can see how much is in the cup from the
top.

Metal (S/S) cups are great, but they are Hell in the microwave.

So: I use all three. The ones I use least are the Pyrex types. If I
can't pour cleanly, I don't need it.

The OXO's are microwave safe, dishwasher safe and easy to read from
above. In my area, not cost prohibitive.

If I had to give up all except one line, I would opt for the OXO
product.

Just my 2Cents.

Alex