Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou decruss Lou decruss is offline

Default What measuring cup to get?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:13:25 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>On Apr 29, 10:46*am, "J. Clarke" > wrote:
>> Just broke my 1 cup Fire-King measuring cup that I've have for so long I
>> don't remember when I got it. *Was about to go out and get another one
>> when it occurred to me that I'm seeing all kinds of fancy measuring cups
>> in the stores--are any of them worthwhile improvements over the ordinary
>> Pyrex/Fire King/whatever glass ones?

>For liquids, Pyrex can't be beat .... for dry ingredients, I like my
>stainless steel ones that are 1/8C up to 2C, and all measures
>inbetween, more or less. Pricey but worth it.

I agree with you 100%. I've got 1,2 and 4 cup pyrex cups and I've
never seen anything better. For the SS dry measuring cups; Cost Plus
World Market seems to have the best deals on them as well as measuring
spoons. You spend a bit more up-front but they'll last a lifetime.
The stuff at Cost Plus I've got has all been superb quality and a good
price. I got two sets of cooling racks there. Three per set and the
legs fold down and supports all six. They get used all the time and
after 10 years they look just like they did when I bought them.

Lou