Posted to rec.food.cooking
Arri London Arri London is offline

Default San Diego Eateries?

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 18:35:22 -0600, Arri London >
> wrote:
>

> >Boron Elgar wrote:

> >> If you're traveling northwards a bit, up towards Solana Beach, one of
> >> my favorite Japanese eateries is the
> >>
> >> Nobu
> >> 315 S Highway 101 Ste A
> >> Solana Beach, CA 92075
> >>
> >> Boron

> >Solana Beach has gone upmarket since I lived in Del Mar We used to go
> >there for the cheap Chinese and Mexican food.

> This Nobu isn't like the NYC Nobu. It is quite unassuming, or was the
> last time I was there. There is also a Thai place in the same stir
> mall, if memory serves me.

Neither of those were there when I was. Glad to see that Fidel's is
still there though

> My brother used to live in Solana Beach, but with an ocean view. He is
> in Del Mar now.
>
> Boron

Loved living in Del Mar! Unfortunately was too expensive for long term
Had to move inland, over Mission Valley, eventually. Was nice to work
in Sorrento Valley. Could stop at the beach before work. However the
next job was just as nice, in La Jolla. Lunches overlooking Torrey
Pines! And aircraft from Miramar practising overhead.