Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Good Chorey from Drouhin

On 4/23/10 4:07 PM, DaleW wrote:
> No wine Wed (one Kirin at a sushi place where we ate with a group of
> friends). Thursday Betsy did the Zuni Cafe chicken with bread salad,
> plus some yellow beets. Wine was the 2006 Drouhin Chorey-les-Beaune.
> Light and fresh on opening, picks up some weight in time. Red berry
> (straw and rasp!) fruit, bright soil notes, a hint of smoke. Light
> tannins, fairly high acidity, but balanced by the fruit, which gets
> fuller and riper with time. Good length, with an earthy note. Very
> satisfying for a $20 Burg. B+/B

Too funny, Dale. I just saw a note of yours on CT about this wine (from
1/20/10) after having a discussion with Jean about it. As you may
recall, we had it over Xmas and loved it; I managed to get another
bottle in CA, but just yesterday found that the only decent local
retailer is now selling it for a halfway reasonable price ($22). At
that price, it is not only cheaper than most domestic Pinot Noirs, but
also more appealing.

Mark Lipton