Posted to alt.food.wine
Anders Tørneskog Anders Tørneskog is offline

Default Good Chorey from Drouhin

Hmm, I recall, believe it or not, the Chorey-les-Beaune 1978. It won a
comparative tasting I and friends did around 1980 and I bought a couple of
bottles that tasted excellently in the late 80'ies and early 90'ies. My
opinion, fwiw, is that Drouhin was excellent value for money then and they
seem to keep up with the standard of that time.

Anders

"DaleW" > skrev i melding
No wine Wed (one Kirin at a sushi place where we ate with a group of
friends). Thursday Betsy did the Zuni Cafe chicken with bread salad,
plus some yellow beets. Wine was the 2006 Drouhin Chorey-les-Beaune.
Light and fresh on opening, picks up some weight in time. Red berry
(straw and rasp!) fruit, bright soil notes, a hint of smoke. Light
tannins, fairly high acidity, but balanced by the fruit, which gets
fuller and riper with time. Good length, with an earthy note. Very
satisfying for a $20 Burg. B+/B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.