Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Good Chorey from Drouhin

No wine Wed (one Kirin at a sushi place where we ate with a group of
friends). Thursday Betsy did the Zuni Cafe chicken with bread salad,
plus some yellow beets. Wine was the 2006 Drouhin Chorey-les-Beaune.
Light and fresh on opening, picks up some weight in time. Red berry
(straw and rasp!) fruit, bright soil notes, a hint of smoke. Light
tannins, fairly high acidity, but balanced by the fruit, which gets
fuller and riper with time. Good length, with an earthy note. Very
satisfying for a $20 Burg. B+/B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**