D. Gerasimatos

Default What is your idea of cheap,moderate& expensive wines

In article >,
Dee Randall > wrote:

>In my salad days I never overspent on wine. I lived in California in the
>60's 70's 80's and visited all of the California wineries when tasting was
>free. I never cared for California wines and still don't. It's the barrel
>taste - yuk!

There is an awful lot of California wine being made these days and most of
it is much better than it was 20 years ago. You might be surprised that
there are winemakers making wines with little or no oak at all. The
winemaking industry in California is far too large to generalize in this
way.

Dimitri