Elpaninaro

Default What is your idea of cheap,moderate& expensive wines

Times have changed as someone wisely pointed out. I have only been into wine
since 1995, but even then- not so long ago- first growths were about $100 on
release, and Romanee Conti was nowhere near where it is now. The 1991 that set
me back $400 is now going for close to $2,000. Scary.

I do not drink wine very often, and since I was ITB in college I was able to
taste quite a lot and get access to great stuff. So my definitions may be a bit
daunting, but keep in mind I maintain a very small cellar. If I drank wine
regularly my per bottle pricing expectations would be much lower.

Cheap- under $40
Moderate- $40-100
Expensive- $100+

That would be based on my primary areas of interest- Alsace, Germany, Burgundy
and Bordeaux.

Tom.