Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Imported Vegetables (not from Mexico)

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> I love my grocery store(s). They're a privately held company that
> doesn't have to answer to any greedy shareholders. They have great
> prices, and they are a staunch supporter of many local charities and
> events. They are the main sponsor of the biggest, privately
> funded(*) free Thanksgiving dinner in America for one, plus hundreds
> of other local events.
>
> -sw

I totally agree! They heavily support the local food banks, donate to
Wildlife Rescue Inc. in Kendalia, have really good sales weekly and
always have decent food priced affordably. They also always have
excellent fresh produce. They also cut a lot of their own meat fresh.

Wal-mart fired all of their meat cutters when they tried to unionize due
to unfair employment practices. Now all their meat comes pre-packaged
and saline injected.

And I've been shopping there for over 20 years and still see some of the
same faces. The employees seem to stay happy.

Great fresh baked goods too. Many are baked in store so are always very
fresh, sometimes still hot if you get there early enough. The big one
here in town even makes fresh tortillas.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine