Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Phoenix ? ? ?

cybercat > wrote:

>"Steve Pope" > wrote in message

>> cybercat > wrote:

>>>then you have lived a very sheltered life.

>> Somehow, I doubt this. ;-)

>I know hundreds of people who have happy, healthy housecats. So WTF are you
>talking about?

Almost nobody I know keeps a cat trapped indoors, and the handful
that I do, the cat is always trying to escape.

In one case, the cat did escape and tried to climb a fence after
a bird. Unfortunately the cat forgot that in addition to being
trapped indoors, it had also been declawed, so it couldn't make
it up the fence, fell, and broke its pelvis. Fortunately it
was treated and survived.

(This is a cat I had lived with, several years previously, when
it was a perfectly happy indoor/outdoor cat.)

I'm curious about this "hundreds of people" you know with indoor
only cats... you must be connected with some slice of humanity
that I have nothing to do with. Such as cat breeders. That's
my first guess.

Steve