Julie

Default Blueberry Scone Recipe

Since I'm picking fresh blueberries in my backyard, thought I would
share one of my favorite recipes. Note: Although recipe says to
grease cookie sheet, I prefer using parchment paper, makes clean up
easier and scones don't stick!

Blueberry Scones

2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Cream and sugar for tops of scones

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set
aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, 3 tablespoons sugar,
baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, or two knives, cut in
butter until the largest pieces are the size of small peas. Stir in
blueberries and zest. Using a fork, whisk together cream and eggs in a
liquid measuring cup. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and
pour in cream mixture. Stir lightly with fork just until dough comes
together.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead a few times to mix
well. Pat dough into a 6-inch square about 1 1/4 inches thick. Using a
floured knife, cut into four 3-inch squares. Cut squares in half on
the diagonal to form eight triangles. Transfer to prepared baking
sheet. Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until
golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes.

Julie
www.bakingbits.com