Posted to alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.global-warming
Fred C. Dobbs[_2_] Fred C. Dobbs[_2_] is offline

Default pro-choice on the veg matter

On 4/12/2010 8:32 AM, dh@. wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:40:31 -0700, > wrote:
>

>> <dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>> Yes THEY do. You just can't allow yourself to comprehend the
>>> fact any more, IF you were ever able to at all.

>>> It appears to be true for all sentient creatures.

>>> That's a different subject, and one you can't begin to
>>> consider in any detail until you get more comfortable admitting
>>> that some livestock do have lives of positive value. Remember
>>> that up until this point you couldn't even consider that aspect
>>> for humans or anything else, but if you can now consider it for
>>> any creatures at all then try to get somewhere with it.....

>> We are morally culpable for causing animals to suffer, we're not entitled to
>> moral credit because they "experience life", the fact has no moral
>> significance.

> You failed entirely.

He failed in the same way one might fail in trying to teach a pig to
play the piano. You are incapable of learning.

Nothing has changed. You're still trying to sell this "lives of
positive value" hokum, and no one is buying it, because the know it's
nonsense, and not even what you're actually trying to sell. What you're
trying to sell people on is the idea that it's good for farm animals if
they exist. No sale - no one is buying.