Ottawa Foodie Ottawa Foodie is offline
Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bugg View Post
Christine Dabney wrote:

And no, they weren't published until the later 1960's.

From the site Welcome to TimeLife.com | Homepage
begin quote
Founded in 1961 as the book division of Time Inc., Time-Life took its name
from Time Inc.'s cornerstone magazines, Time and Life, but remained
independent of both. By 1966, Time-Life combined its book offerings with
music collections (two to five records) and packaged them as a sturdy box
set. end quote

So, the Time-Life book series concept wasn't in existence until 1961. It is
very likely that Christine's recollections are correct.

--
Dave
davebbq.com