Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default slicing cabbage in the right directions

"Bob Terwilliger" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz blathered:
>
>> Most pro food workers resent having to use stainless steel cutlery but
>> health laws dictate they need to.

> Bullshit.
>
> Bob

Unfortunately in the EU it's true. Everything has to be DW washable. I
have only just recently found a SS knife I can stand, but it will be many
months before I know if it's really easy to re-sharpen or not, as it
presently seems to be.
I have bought two high carbon steel knives in recent years. Both were
custom made, both are close to unusable for me, but they sharpen a dream.
Unfortunately, the clumsiness of the design means the sharp gets applied to
me too often.