Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] ranck@vt.edu is offline

Default Magic Marketing

gloria.p > wrote:
> Serene Vannoy wrote:
> > Kalmia wrote:

> >> What IS this stuff?

> > It's this, but don't click until you turn your sound way down:
> > http://www.batterblaster.com/

> Eeeeuuuwwww. All organic? What's organic about the propellant and
> preservatives in it? IMHO people too lazy to make real pancake batter
> don't deserve to eat pancakes. And that's the truth, PHBBBBBT.

Not that I'd use the stuff, but did you read the ingredients?
No preservatives, must be refrigerated. They don't mention the
propellent. I'm guessing either carbon dioxide or nitrous oxide.
The first is certainly organic in the chemistry sense since it's
a carbon compound. The other is what they have used in canned whipped
cream for years. Anyway, they got their USDA organic cert.

It is an odd idea, though.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.