Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] friesian@zoocrewphoto.com is offline

Default Magic Marketing

On Apr 5, 6:05*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> Dimitri > wrote:
> >Large commercial planes are simply not designed for "Water Landings" *yes

> Not true. *They all have water landing procedures, which include
> closing off vents on the bottom side of the airplane and
> landing at a certain angle (generally nose-up).
>
> I really doubt they would certify an airliner that couldn't
> at least nominally be expected to land in water, as well
> as perform a dead-stick landing on land.

"Landing" is a euphemism. If the plane is going to sink after the
"landing", then it wasn't truly a landing. It was ditched or crashed.
It just happened to do so gently enough that people survived and had
time to exit the plane.

Sully successfully ditched the plane without loss of life. He didn't
actually land it, since the plane cannot stay afloat.