Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Shaker

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:17:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?

We are fine, thank you for asking.
A little unnerved with all the aftershocks but are faring much better
than those in Calexico, Ca and Mexicali, Mexico, about 60 miles east
of us. It's a miracle that no more than two lives were lost. I feel
for their families.
From what I've heard most of the damage on the U.S. side was to the
older 1930's and 50's buildings.
At last report I heard there were 25,000 homeless in Mexicali, Mexico.
Mexicali has a population of about 2 million.

This shows the awesome power of the quake. It was twice as strong as
the one that hit Haiti.

Click on the "see more photos of the shaking mountians"
http://tinyurl.com/ydb94hx

koko a whole lot of shakin' goin' on.
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 03/28/10