Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Magic Marketing

Dimitri wrote:

> Steamers.
>
> 1. Reduce the frozen vegetable contents per bag from 16 Oz. to 12 Oz.
> 2. Place the frozen veggies in a bag made from a plastic that will take
> heat & pressure without exploding.
> 3. Develop a catchy name like "Steamers".
> 4. Print some inane instructions on the bag like "Hold here" and "be
> careful HOT"
> 5. Charge 3 times as much as you did for the 16 Oz package.
>
> Thus saving the user the trouble of placing frozen veggies in a microwave
> safe dish and covering it with a piece of plastic.
>
> Baaaaahhhh we're being taken to the slaughter like sheep.
>
> NEXT TIME - Frozen Pancakes!
> --
> Dimitri
>
> Chicken Loaf
>
> http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

Who's this "we"? I don't buy that crap, indeed I have long nuked frozen
veggies in the standard bag and have never had any melting or exploding.
I can't say that I see anything wrong with fleecing the ignorant with
such marketing however, as those ignorant folks would surely find a
worse used for their money if they were allowed to keep it.