Posted to rec.food.preserving
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default Making hash browns early for a crowd

Pete wrote:
> I have been asked to make hash browns for a benefit at a VFW. Expected
> attendance is about 300 people. That's a lot of potatoes. I want to
> make them a day or 2 or 3 early and heat them up as needed on the day
> of the benefit. What is the best way to preserve them and reheat them
> for the day of the event? I can use their facilities for cooking.

How will you ever peel and chop them all? I'd go to a wholesale
restaurant food supply store and buy frozen hash browns, with the prep
done and just the cooking left. You could cook them on a big griddle if
available, or on shallow baking sheets in the oven. That's not an easy
dish for that size crowd.

gloria p