Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Leppla George Leppla is offline

Default Frozen Bread Dough as pizza crust?

phaeton wrote:
> I have a pretty bad pizza habit, and I was trying to 'cheat' a little
> the last couple of times by using frozen bread dough for the crust.

Long ago in the "way back when"....

I was going to college in Wisconsin and was broke. A local bread
factory (Elm Tree Bakers) had a retail store and they sold bags of
frozen bread dough.... 10 loaves for $1. Small cans of tomato sauce
were also 10 for $1 at the Piggly Wiggly and there were at least a half
dozen local cheese places and one of them usually had mozzarella on
sale... cheap.

Used to make a home made pizza for under 50 cents. When you only had
$10 to spend on food for a week, that was a great deal.

George L