Jaime Raskulinecz

Default Online New Jersey Retailers?

I agree about Gary's, although sometime's pricing is an issue there. Wine
Libray is great and good storage.

Actually it's Bertelli's and they have a web site also. They are gopod,
although the store is sometimes warm in summer. I have had no problems with
any wines purchased from them. However, I think I have always purchased new
releases.

--
Jaime Raskulinecz

"Dale Williams" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (J Derby) writes:
>

> >I am in need of some decent wine, which is difficult at best to
> >acquire in my lovely state (Utah). Wine is only distributed in
> >state-run stores, and as such, storage is a serious concern. I want
> >Champagne and white Burg, both of which fade quickly in poor
> >conditions...which leaves my only option as mail order. Utah has
> >strict laws, and most will not ship here because of that, save NJ. I
> >am aware of popswine and supercellars, but have any of you tried
> >others that have worked out? I am interested in selection, but more
> >importantly storage quality, and lastly price. Thank you.

> Forgive a slight quibble, but Pops is actually in NY.
>
> I have done online ordering from 3 NJ retailers:
> Gary's (garyswine.com will lead you to Wine Access) - ok prices, never

heard
> any concerns re storage (Madison store is cool during summer), can be good
> deals if sale items or w/mixed case discounts. Probably best selection of
> Burgundy overall (though come to think of it I've mostly bought reds

there)

> Wine Library (winelibrary.com) - I've bought older bottles, no problems.

Same
> general price structure as Garys. A little more oriented towards hot

"points"
> wines.
>
> Supercellars- I tried based on a rec here. Got a mixed case. '97 Chablis
> showed no storage issues. I've heard someone say they were leery of their
> storage, but no bottles I've seen show issues.
>
> Bertinelli's is supposed to be good, I've never tried.
>
> I agree re white Burg and Champagne being most delicate. I buy80 % of my

white
> burg and 90% of my Champagne at Rochambeau, as it's local and I have

100%