Default Ducru Beaucaillou St. Julien Questions and other ramblings

Walter L. Preuninger II > wrote:
: Hello All, long time again....

: Now, Alison and I met in 2001 and married in June of 2002. My question: I
: see where I can pick up a bottle of 1985 Ducru Beaucaillou,St. Julien for
: USD $119. I can get a couple of bottles for $45 of futures 2001.

Walter --

if you can get good futures pricing on the Ducru, why don;t you spring
for Both vintages?! Prices are surely lower than the 2000's, and D-B
certainly can age well. You may want to buy an assorted case of Bordeaux
from each of those years, this way you'll have a comparison to the Ducru
and find out if you like other chateau better. A caveat though: don't
expect to drink these out-of-the-box, they'll need some aging. Personally,
I'd get a case of Sauternes/Barsacs from the excellent 2001 vintage, as
these will taste well throughout their life while still gaining complexity
throughout their long lifespan.

Mark S