Dale Williams

Default organic wines

In article >, (D.
Gerasimatos) writes:

>There are a lot of wines out there which are produced organically, but do
>not explicitly say so on the label.

True, plus there's the biodynamic producers. A lot of top European growers
practice some of these methods. While certification ( Demeter & Biodivin are
the big groups, though not every biodynamic producer goes for certification)is
not exactly the same as organic certification, it's pretty close. While I find
some of these practices bizarre, there's no arguing that these producers turn
out a lot of quality wine. I think this list is mostly accurate, though very
incomplete:

Austria:
Nikolaihof

France
Burgundy: Leroy, Lafon, Brocard
Alsace: Deiss, Zind Humbrecht ,Frick , Ostertag, Weinbach
Loi Coulée de Serrant, Huet, Breton (both?), Clos Roche Blanche,
Rhône: Chapoutier
Provence : Sainte-Anne

USA : Frey
Dale